Considering the fact that you are reading this right now, you might be interested to know what type of clothes to wear on a kayak adventure with your family. It could also be that it is your first time doing an adventure with them wearing a custom printed t shirt.
Kayaking can get you wet, and it is also possible that you will do it on a summer season. Due to this, it is best to plan accordingly to avoid encountering any problems. In this article, we’ll talk about what you should and shouldn’t wear while kayaking to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Avoid Wearing Jeans and Cotton Shirt
You might be accustomed to wearing your favorite jeans on every trip with your family. After all, you consider it as your lucky pair and would like to wear it as much as you could. However, you have to consider the consequences of wearing your jeans on your kayak adventure, especially since you will be surrounded by water while doing it.
When wet, jeans can get very heavy, and chances are high that you will fall off your kayak, making it hard for you to swim. Aside from that, water can splatter on what you are wearing while paddling.
On the other hand, custom t-shirts or any shirt that is made of cotton which is water-absorbent. As such, it won’t dry as fast as you can imagine. When this happens, you will have to tolerate being cold for a long time because it dries very slowly than other fabric.
The Best Types of Clothing to Wear While Kayaking
The best choice of clothing are those which are breathable, can easily dry up, and has sun protection. You can consider wearing the same type of cloth used in making gym garments since they do not absorb sweat and water as much as the typical clothing that we are used to wearing (e.g. cotton). You can choose to wear the following items during your trip:
- Shoes that are exclusively used for water or any closed-toe and neoprene shoes to prevent water from going in and ruining your footwear.
- Sunglasses and hats are advised to wear, especially during the summertime.
- Extra clothes that are quick-drying and a dry bag to put your clothes in after your kayak adventure.
- Clothes that have Ultraviolet Protection as they can save you money from buying excessive sunscreen lotion. You can also come across long-sleeves which are great to wear while kayaking.
- Wearing a life jacket is optional for some, but it is really necessary for this kind of adventure. If you are with your kids, make sure they wear this to keep them safe. Even a swimmer can have some problems especially when the water current is fast.
- A microfiber towel absorbs water pretty quickly, making it a great investment to purchase it’s really great to be used when swimming and kayaking.
Kayaking demands the right type of clothing to make sure your experience is comfortable and safe as much as possible. Therefore, before you go into a kayaking adventure, make sure you observe the right dress code beforehand.